Well, skiing has been on my brain for about the past six months. After unsuccessfully trying to plan various trips, with less than two weeks notice my friend Liz and I decided, why not, and decided to head to NM over MLK weekend.
What a journey! Thursday I loaded up the cruiser with gear, cooler (lots of diet coke!), and dog, and headed NW for eight hours to Enid, OK. After a quick night's sleep, Liz and I headed out, driving eight more hours west to Angel Fire, NM.
Ah, arriving in the snow covered mountains! I sometimes wonder upon seeing the majestic landscapes across this earth how people can question if there is a God. I stand in awe of his varied creation.
Oh but I digress, skiing was a blast. I was definitely a bit out of shape, but enjoyed myself none the less, with only one silly fall on those silly catwalks. I was just cruising, watching out for slow kiddos in my path "making pizza's" and BOOM down I went. Apparently that day, the Lord decided he would work on my pride.....a long standing issue of mine that He and I periodically re-visit. Now, as most of you may know, I pride myself on being able to handle things on my own, so imagine how I felt when I could not get my danged ski boots on!! I pushed, I pulled, I walked around, and I finally had to ask this nice man to stretch them open for me. After he grunted a few times, I was able to get my feet in. So the story should end there, but alas, when I then go to put my Muck boots in a locker, guess who has no quarters? So then I have to suck it up and ask in my sweetest voice "Anybody have change for a $10?" Thankfully this nice man took pity on me and just gave me three quarters! The next day, facing the same boot dilemma, Liz discovered dog choke collars work brilliantly as ski-boot "getter-owners"!
All in all, though tired of driving (thank you audio books!) the trip was worthwhile. Gained back my ski legs, got in a great visit with an old friend, and watched my silly dog traipse through the snow and oops, "Don't eat the yellow snow!"
Be Blessed,
CRM

1 comment:
I'm so happy that this trip happened! I had a blast and can't wait until our next adventure!
Post a Comment