So, 2.5 weeks into law school and I am ready to write a book with the above title. Going from instructor to student, has been, to put it nicely, challenging. Learning to sit still, learning to NOT critique the person speaking in front of me, learning to have a good attitude about plowing through pages and pages of books, whew, it makes me exhausted just listing everything. I now have the utmost empathy for all my former students, especially those at Tech, who had to sit through me lecturing for an hour and 45 minutes! Bless your hearts, I forgot how hard it is to sit still!
Well, besides reading, researching, and briefing cases, my life subsists of little else at the moment. Rumor is this is the "weed-out" year so the work gets piled on. At the moment I am still at home with the parents. Most of you know I pretty much live in organized chaos, but at the moment, all is just chaos. Some things are stored in the boatbarn, some things are hanging out on a flatbed in the parent's garage, and the lucky items are in Mom's Dining room, piled all over my bedroom, and overflowing into the attic. So basically, I know where nothing is in a given day. To cap it all off, Roux has developed a little game she likes to play....it goes like this:
Roux: Mom's shoe Mom's shoe, I see Mom's shoe!
Me: Roux, No, bad girl.
Roux: Got the shoe, Got the shoe, where to hide the shoe??
Me: Roux, HERE! Roux, Give!
Roux: under the bed, no that was yesterday, in the bathroom trashcan, no that was last night, Outside in the flowerbed, YES she'll never find it!
Me: HERE, HEEL, SIT. Roux where is my shoe?
Roux: (tail wagging, whole body wiggling) It's a surprise Mom, don't you just love playing with me!
So, it is always quite the challenge to make it to school with matching shoes!
As always, be blessed,
Carrie Mc
Life Lately May 2026
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment