Thursday, April 16, 2009

Burning up I-20

 


Well, spring is coming quickly and for that I am thankful. I have now firmly decided that I detest cold weather. Give me and 80 degrees and humidity any day. With all the beautiful weather we have been having this season, it seems like I have spent a lot of time inside my car. I have seen a lot of I-20 and HWY 27 recently, as I headed home for both Palm Sunday and Easter weekends.

Oh how I love home! The first weekend was spent busily helping Momma Lu and her sisters decorate for J's big Senior Party. She is the last of the cousin's to graduate, oh how time flies! With a western theme, haybales and a campfire, all went well. Aftwards all of us hostesses (aunts, sister, grandmother) sat around the fire for awhile. As I looked around me I realized how thankful I was for the influences on my life. Not only have my parents tremendously impacted me and supported me, but so has my extended family. My mom and I were talking about different convictions and ideals I possess and I realized I attribute them to having the role models of so many dynamic strong and Godly women in my life. Thanks y'all for putting up with me all these years!

Well, on lighter note, the next night found my fam plus my extended fam down the road back around the fire pit for a crawfish boil. Yum! I hadn't had any in awhile and definitely ate my 5 lbs worth if not more. Note to self, never take out contacts after peeling crawfish....Yikes the burning sensation!

So back to school for a short week and then back to CS for Easter. I spent the long weekend hanging out again with the fam (and sister's "friendboy" as my dad says), getting put to work planting a garden (oh the blisters), reading some good books, and attending serveral events at the church. The youth put together a 12 station's of the course which was pretty cool. At each station you had different scripture leading up to the crucifixtion and either something to do (take communion, place a nail in the cross) or something to contemplate (Mary Magdalene/annointment, Judas/materialism, etc). It was very effective and of course, me being the emotional one, I teared up. As I reach the end of one school year hear at LA Tech, I find myself facing many decisions, and they all came to the forefront as I walked through the stations of the cross.

So, as I leave this blog today, I end with a line from one of my favorite hymns: "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Whites said...

Enjoyed reading your post. Glad you had some great visits with your family. Hope the semester ends well. Take care.

Daniel and Shea Scarbrough said...

Hey Carrie-saw your blog on Court's. Next time you visit CS you should look us up. We're in Ridgeland and Daniel and I would love to hear about your fun adventures!