This summer has been fun so far :) I truly love my time off and spending times with friends and family. A week after I got off work, I traveled to Key West, FL for the week with Mollie and Jessy. We stayed at a B&B in Old Towne, shopped, beached it, and rode bikes everywhere. The bike part, now that was a bit scary for "klutzy Carrie!" especially when wearing a dress and flip flops! One of the the Highlights of the trip was our "Day at Sea" where we went an hour out on a catamaran to snorkel and eat lunch. Oh how I love boats and calm, settled seas!
Which brings me to my next jaunt this summer, down to Venice, with Daddy Eddie, Uncle Paul, and Justin. It was a fun way to spend Father's day weekend. But no calm waters were to be found....lets just say my constant chant was "Horizon, Horizon, Horizon, look at the Horizon!" But we caught a few Reds, ate some good seafood, and saw a couple of beautiful sunrises.
However, the most beautiful sunsets are always found at one place, Lake Yucatan! After a week long clean up of mud and creatures that found refuge from the flood inside our camp, we finally go to sit back and enjoy. Lots of porch sitting, good food eating, waterskiing, and sunburning ensued.
In between all travels I managed to sneak in some "swamp time" at with Liz and McNabb. I loved getting to relax with y'all for a few days! Now it is back to Ruston to get ready to teach my on-line summer school class. I guess vacation had to end somtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment